04 February 2023

Books in January 2023

 

I managed to read every day this month

So, the first reading update in a while. I’m now trying StoryGraph to log my reading as it’s faster than Goodreads and also more flexible in adding obscure books to the database (ie roleplaying books).

Seven books read in January, 2079 pages, 4 roleplaying games and 3 novels. The novels were a thriller, fantasy and science-fiction.

The 7 books this month

The Red Scholar’s Wake by Aliette de Bodard was the best book I read; a SF romance between a human and an AI set against the tensions between factions of a pirate fleet. Highly recommended.

The best roleplaying game I read was Blade Runner, but a||state came very close.

Although I managed the daily reading challenge, I did finish the Silmarillion a couple of days late in the ‘read along with First Age’ group on the Gaming Tavern.

4 February 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment